GAL-entines Day


Last week for work I was invited to go and preview the Valentine's Day festivities at the London eye with the great team from exposure. As a single girl i’m a true Valentine's Day hater, I usually spend it eating takeout and watching movies with my GBF. This one year we decided to cook and that was a true disaster- but that is another story for another time. So this year I took my best friend and partner in crime Emily. 

We arrived at the ticket hall to be greeted by a couple of other journalists and members of the press and their plus ones and also the wonderful girls from exposure, Isabelle and holly.
We followed the group and our hostesses through fast track and jumped into our capsule. We were then introduced to the cocktail list for the night. A bespoke cocktail list designed especially by The Cocktail Trading Co…






1 -“Love Potion No.9” with sensual Madagascan vanilla and Belgian chocolate -  this was my favourite, especially as you drink it from a little alice in wonderland-esque bottle and it is CUTE, and deeeelish too. 


2. “Poetry in Motion” - with dark rum, fig and fizz

3.  “Love is All Around" with a fruity rhubarb and apricot aroma.  (with the raspberry and rosemary)


We were talked through the cocktail list and all the meanings behind them, lost loves... butterfly giving, heart stopping, throat drying love & uncontrollable lust. While we sipped we looked at the insanely beautiful views of London, TWICE. I’ve gotta say, there is something so therapeutic about the capsule and the rotation I honestly don’t think I will get bored of it easily and at night there is still so much to look at - so don't be mislead by the fact its dark. 




I'm not much for lovey-dovey valentines, especially as I'm single I can't really see the point in all of the cringey romantic hearts, candy balloons and (God forbid) the huge stuffed animals. I don't understand what you are meant to do with giant gorillas or pandas that are the same size As you! BUT, If you are planning something with your gal pals or your one and only, you should definitely check out what The London Eye has to offer and take a spin on the wheel, or two! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Read all about it!

Twitter Updates