'To Tommy, From Zooey'

We all know Zooey Deschanel as cute little Jessica Day from New Girl.
So when she released her line with Tommy Hilfiger it was so exciting! I'm not usually a T.H kinda girl with the exception of some cable knit leggings that I bought when i was a teenager and wore constantly. I never thought I could fully pull off the all American look. 
But in this case HELLO

Zooey is the all American girl so this collaboration seems like the perfect fit.  
(below are some of my favourite pieces from the collection)


In a recent interview,  Zooey shared some details about the upcoming collection.
“We looked at all of the designs that I’ve been wearing over the past several years and analyzed them. Then we distilled everything down and mixed it with the Tommy DNA to transform it into our own collection of dresses. It’s a mix of mod and nautical, which I like to call ‘modical.’ There are a lot of great little hidden details, like pleats with unexpected patterns on the inside. There are structured and short pieces and very clean lines. Each piece is very mod and also very American-inspired.”


The collection is just perfect for her, its very Jessica Day, cutesie, pleats, polka dots and the feminine ribbon sash. I don't know about you but I think some of the dresses have a 60's feel- especially the white and red dresses, which I love! The Classic styles are given a 
little mix around by adding hidden patterns and bright bold colours and geometric prints. 
Just as i'm ending this post i've seen some video shorts posted on the Tommy Hilfiger Youtube channel so i've added the playlist below! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Read all about it!

Twitter Updates