Spanish inquisition

I have just got back from a little spanish expedition to Menorca, one of the Balearic Islands. Our family has been going to Menorca ever since before I was born. It's one of my favourite places in the world, one of those places where you can just be. I think I probably ate a couple of tomato plants, an entire avocado tree and my weights worth in swordfish while there but it was just perfect. Its the best thing ending summer on such a high, feeling a little browner and much healthier. (all the fruity goodness!) 
Now that summer is finishing I am back and ready for something productive, ready to start working on lost weekends. 

Above: Monte Toro, Menorca

I think if anyone is thinking of going somewhere in spain for a chilled holiday then go there! Its brilliant, you have to visit Ciutadella formally known as the capital and one of the oldest towns on the island. Its full of character and beautiful architecture Dinner in the harbour is amazing especially if you want a good paella. The Views from Monte Toro are mind blowing, it's the highest point of the island and is home to an amazing ornate church.
Son bou is another must visit, although its become a little touristy now its almost like my second home, my cousins and I spent long summers there when we were kiddos.
Oh and you have to go when the fiestas are happening, not that you need an excuse to drink litres of pomada and eat horrendous amounts of churros!




Above: Cacti @ Monte Toro and The Podium in our pool




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Read all about it!

Twitter Updates