OH KARL, you did it again.

I have been meaning to write about this heavenly event since its debut at Fashion Week in Paris but I haven't had the chance as of yet so here it goes.. If you didn't catch the PFW Chanel show watch below. C'est Magnifique. As if we weren't expecting that already.....

 

I'm sure that a great portion of the excitement for fashion week is due to the larger fashion houses, especially Chanel. I know it is THE show I most look forward to every year, I am always wondering what the team will have up their sleeve. They never fail to disappoint me anyway! 




This year was no exception.
The design team at Chanel worked their magic and transformed the Grand Palais as per usual but this year was a little different. Instead of being transported to a glittering fairytale scenario you were seated in a supermarket. Don't get me wrong it looked fantastic, they paid attention to every detail. Every product was branded with the Chanel name, every trolley, even the shopping baskets were made with the signature Chanel chain




I don't know who in their right mind would not want to go shopping here, the worlds most amazing supermarket. For total addicts you could then 'eat, sleep, breathe' Chanel. It is rumoured to have around 500 different Chanel branded products including everything from bread and pate to petrol and chainsaws. The 'Patrons' were even sitting on seats made to look like empty stock boxes!


The models, looked fantastic, parading the isles wearing the latest creations.
They even had Chanel tweed braids in their hair! The much talked about trainers were also a huge hit on the catwalk too, as well as big comfy coats, long tweed jackets, cushty knitwear jumpers, chain belts and accessories to die for.




And at the end of the show viewers were invited to pick up complimentary fruit and vegetables as they left. It was like a real life supermarket sweep, nothing like a snack to go!

I've got to say, after watching this show I don't think that a trip to Sains is ever going to look the same again.




Photo Sources: Eonline, The Metro, Creative Review, Daily Mail.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Read all about it!

Twitter Updates